Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Almost done - final surgery over!

Sorry that it has been so long since my last update. Things have been going well for me. We have been getting some miles on our bike, now that the weather is getting warmer. We have surpassed 100 miles - not bad considering that we had less than 200 last year.


Our grandkids are really growing. It is so nice to be feeling better so I can spend more time with them. The babies are almost 4 months and 6 months old. They are starting to really develop their own personalities. How fun!

I have hair again. It came in curly and I love it. It is so easy to take care of!

I had my final surgery yesterday for reconstruction of my left breast and removal of my port. The surgery was an outpatient surgery and I was home by 11:30am. I am a little sore today, but not bad. It feels so good to say that I am almost done with this entire journey. I have 3 more Herceptin infusions that will now be given by IV. The last one is June 7. Yeah!

Our kids got me the beautiful flower arrangement and candle pictured. I have the best kids (and in-laws) in the world!

We are busy filling up our calendar with activities for the summer. We have one week in Door County Wisconsin for a bike tour, one week camping in July and 2 1/2 weeks for a trip to the Netherlands. Yes - on with life!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay!! Almost done!